Website United States Postal Service
CCAs deliver and collect mail on foot or by vehicle under varying road and weather conditions in a prescribed area; maintain professional and effective public relations with customers and others, requiring a general familiarity with postal laws, regulations, products and procedures commonly used, and geography of the area.
- Delivers and collects charges on customs, postage-due, and C.O.D. mail matter. Delivers and obtains receipts for registered and certain insured mail. Signs for such matter, except insured mail, at the post office before beginning route and accounts for it upon return by payments of the amounts collected and delivery of of receipts taken.
- Furnishes customers with postal information and provides change of address cards and other postal forms as needed.
- Reports to supervisor all unusual incidents or conditions relating to mail delivery, including condition of street letter boxes and centralized delivery equipment.
- In addition, may perform any of the following duties: check hotels and other establishments to ensure that mail for residents undeliverable as addressed is not improperly held; deliver stamps or other paper supplies to contract or classified stations and other designated delivery points; serves at carriers’ delivery window; rece
- Routes or cases all classes of mail in sequence of delivery along an established route. Rearranges and relabels cases as required.
- Delivers mail along a prescribed route, on foot or by vehicle, on a regular schedule, picking up additional mail from relay boxes as needed. Collects mail from street letter boxes and accepts letters from mailing from customers; on certain routes may deliver mail that consists exclusively of parcel post, or the collection of mail.
- Withdraws mail from the distribution case and prepares it in sequence for efficient delivery independently or by another carrier along an established route. Prepares and separates all classes of mail to be carried by truck to relay boxes along route for subsequent delivery.
- Becomes proficient, when assigned to a route, in the casing of mail on other routes as assigned.
- Uses portable electronic scanner as instructed.
- Deposits in the post office mail collected on the route upon returning from the route.
- Works professionally with other employees in the office.
- May as a CCA, perform clerical duties and be required to pass examinations on scheme of city primary distribution.
- Checks, and corrects if necessary, mailing cards from advertisers bearing names and addresses of customers or former customers on the route.
- Handles undeliverable mail in accordance with established procedures.
Qualification & Experience:
- The driving must have taken place in the U.S. or its possessions or territories or in U.S. military installations worldwide.
- Applicants must have a valid state driver’s license, a safe driving record, and at least two years of unsupervised experience driving passenger cars or larger.
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: West Point, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A