Website United States Postal Service
Loads, unloads, and moves bulk mail and performs other duties incidental to the movement and processing of mail.
- Handles and sacks empty equipment; inspects empty equipment for mail and restrings sacks.
- Separates all mail received from trucks and conveyors for dispatch to other conveying units and separates and delivers mail for delivery to distribution areas.
- Places empty sacks or pouches on racks, labels them where prearranged or where racks are plainly marked, dumps mail from sacks, cuts ties, faces letter mail, carries mail to distributors for processing, places processed mail into sacks, removes filled sacks and pouches from racks and closes and locks sacks and pouches.
- Unloads mail from trucks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Picks up sacks, pouches, and outside pieces, separates outgoing bulk mails for dispatch and loads mail onto trucks.
- In addition, may perform any of the following duties: make occasional simple distribution of parcel post mail that requires no scheme knowledge; operate electric fork lifts; rewrap damaged parcels; weigh incoming sacks; clean and sweep work areas, offices rest rooms, and trucks where work is not performed by a regular cleaner.
- Assists in supply and slip rooms and operates copy machine and related office equipment.
- Operates equipment and machinery assigned to the jurisdiction of the Mail Handler Union.
- Cancels stamps on parcel post, operates cancelling machines, and carries mail from cancelling machine to distribution area.
Qualification & Experience:
- Mail Handlers must follow Postal Service policies and procedures for personal conduct at work, including adhering to rules and regulations.
- Mail Handlers must work in an industrial plant environment for their assigned tour and days of work.
- Applicants must be physically able to perform efficiently the duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
- Duties require arduous exertion involving lifting, carrying, prolonged standing, walking, pushing, bending and reaching, and may involve the handling of heavy containers of mail and parcels weighing up to 70 pounds.
- Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service’s requirement to be drug free.
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: High Point, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A