Website United States Postal Service
Delivers and collects mail on foot or by vehicle under varying road and weather conditions in a prescribed area; maintains professional and effective public relations with customers and others, requiring a general familiarity with postal laws, regulations, products and procedures commonly used, and geography of the area.
- Furnishes customers with postal information and provides change of ress cards and other postal forms as needed.
- Delivers and collects charges on customs, postage-due, and C.O.D. mail matter.
- May as a CCA, perform clerical duties and be required to pass examinations on scheme of city primary distribution.
- Checks, and corrects if necessary, mailing cards from advertisers bearing names and resses of customers or former customers on the route.
- Becomes proficient, when assigned to a route, in the casing of mail on other routes as assigned.
- Handles undeliverable mail in accordance with established procedures.
- In addition, may perform any of the following duties: check hotels and other establishments to ensure that mail for residents undeliverable as ressed is not improperly held; deliver stamps or other paper supplies to contract or classified stations and other designated delivery points; serves at carriers’ delivery window; receive and register where practical, all letters and packages of first-class matter properly offered for registration; case mail and make deliveries on other routes as assigned.
- Prepares and separates all classes of mail to be carried by truck to relay boxes along route for subsequent delivery.
- Delivers mail along a prescribed route, on foot or by vehicle, on a regular schedule, picking up itional mail from relay boxes as needed.
- Signs for such matter, except insured mail, at the post office before beginning route and accounts for it upon return by payments of the amounts collected and delivery of of receipts taken.
- Works professionally with other employees in the office.
- Routes or cases all classes of mail in sequence of delivery along an established route.
- Withdraws mail from the distribution case and prepares it in sequence for efficient delivery independently or by another carrier along an established route.
- Deposits in the post office mail collected on the route upon returning from the route.
- Uses portable electronic scanner as instructed.
- Delivers and obtains receipts for registered and certain insured mail.
- Rearranges and relabels cases as required.
- Reports to supervisor all unusual incidents or conditions relating to mail delivery, including condition of street letter boxes and centralized delivery equipment.
- Collects mail from street letter boxes and accepts letters from mailing from customers; on certain routes may deliver mail that consists exclusively of parcel post, or the collection of mail.
Qualification & Experience:
- CCA duties require arduous exertion involving prolonged standing, walking, bending and reaching, and may involve handling heavy containers of mail weighing up to the allowable maximum mailing weight.
- Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service’s requirement to be drug free.
- Applicants must be physically able to efficiently perform the duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Applicants must have a valid state driver’s license, and demonstrate and maintain a safe driving record.
- CCAs must work their assigned tour and days of work. CCAs must follow Postal Service policies and procedures for personal conduct at work, including adhering to rules and regulations.
- CCAs are required to provide service to the public. They must maintain a neat and professional appearance and demeanor in such interactions, including wearing an approved uniform.
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pensacola, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A