You run a profitable growth business that has one purpose: to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. You lead a sales force of experts, advocates and consultants that discover guests’ needs and offer solutions to earn their loyalty.
You lead teams that are passionate about making sure guests get what they came for (plus a little more) every time they shop at your store. You develop leaders who care about their team members, and team members who care about their guests and each other.
- Create sustainable talent strategies to fuel continued team growth.
- Recruit, hire and retain a passionate team for area specific knowledge and expertise.
- Lead a confident and knowledgeable sales force that delivers a differentiated experience for our guests, prioritizes the guest over task and delivers a welcoming, inspiring, rewarding and easy guest experience.
- Know and assess the competition; leverage guest insights and feedback to drive the business and be the destination of choice for our guests.
- Leverage your reports (financial, operational, team and guest) to understand the business and make decisions.
- Always demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety and compliance. Lead and hold the team accountable to work in the same way.
- Lead an efficient operation to fund the sales culture.
- Address store needs (emergency, regulatory visits, etc.).
- Cultivate a guest-centric and engaged team.
- Evaluate and manage individual impact through a total store contribution.
- Understand sales trends and lead your team to drive sales growth in core businesses (Style, Beauty, Electronics, Food & Beverage) by leaning into key seasons, events and weekends.
- Own and implement exempt and hourly schedules that align to guest and business needs (including weekends, mornings, evenings, overnight, and appropriate seasonal adjustments).
- Develop a team and culture that is committed to guest loyalty and shares services and rewards like REDcard, Drive-up, Order Pick-Up, Shipt and Wallet to improve convenience and frequency.
- Invest in training to enhance skills and capabilities.
- As a key carrier, follow all safe and secure training and processes.
Qualification & Experience:
- Welcoming and helpful attitude.
- Strong cognitive skills, including problem analysis, decision making, financial and quantitative analysis.
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience.
- Relate well with and interact with all levels of the organization.
- Manage workload and prioritize tasks independently.
- Manage conflict and lead and hold others accountable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Harrisonburg, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A