Swissport USA is seeking a LOA Partner to receive, review, evaluate, and disposition LOA requests from associates, serving our US Operations.
Reporting to the Manager, LOA, this role will act as the primary point-of-contact for associates when they are seeking a leave of absence. The LOA Partner will interact with associates and Regional HR Managers from assigned regions to ensure that associates submit a complete application for a leave of absence, have timely response from the organization, and complete all necessary documentation when ready to return to work.
We are seeking an associate with strong attention to detail and customer service orientation. The LOA Partner will be responsible for executing processes that will improve employee satisfaction, reduce risk, and ensure data integrity within the organization. The ability to balance compliance and employee advocacy make this a complex, yet highly rewarding role.
- Acts as liaison between employees, short and long term disability insurance carrier, outsourced COBRA and billing Administrator, Swissport management, Legal, and Payroll Departments.
- Follow all Swissport Standard Operating Procedures and recommend improvements and ways to streamline work and increase effectiveness.
- Analyzes LOA claims to determine eligibility and certification in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Communicates decisions and ongoing expectations with associates, both verbally and written, to update them on the status of their leave requests and communicate any additional requirements as determined in partnership with the Manager, LOA.
- Partner with Regional HR Managers, and station leaders, as necessary, to inform on LOA and Reasonable Accommodation matters regarding their associates.
- Provides management with recommendations and guidance regarding FMLA requirements.
- Documents files in a clear and concise manner to respond to potential legal cases.
- Records leave of absence status changes according to the Leave of Absence Policy and state leave guidelines.
- Establishes FMLA and other LOA claims, tracks, and documents in accordance with internal workflow processes.
- Other duties and tasks, as assigned.
- Provide guidance to stations on common LOA processes and escalate concerns to the Regional HR Managers as necessary.
Qualification & Experience:
- PHR or SHRM-CP Certification or the ability to obtain within one year of hire
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- Two years HR or related experience with at least one year directly involved with Leaves of Absences
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field preferred
- Knowledge of State and Federal Employment Laws, including Leaves of Absence and FMLA, ADA, and HIPAA.
- Knowledge of and experience with HRIS systems
- Bilingual preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with Lawson is preferred
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newark, NJ, US
Application Deadline: N/A