Website Orlando Health
The Surgical Technician demonstrates a clear understanding of sterile technique. Has a working knowledge of the specialized instrumentation and equipment required for a variety of special procedures.
- Takes part in sponge, needle and instruments counts as dictated by the procedure.
- Responsible for maintaining the surgical specimen in a manner which identifies and preserves them for pathology evaluation.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
- Assists in ordering and stocking of specialty supplies under the direction of management staff and departmental guidelines.
- Responsible for the maintenance of an orderly surgical field and for consistently passing instruments and supplies quickly and efficiently to the surgeon.
- May have limited access to areas storing medications.
- Transports and delivers items, equipment, and medications (excluding controlled substances and IV chemotherapy drugs) throughout the facility.
- Reviews preference and verifies case cart completely prior to case.
- Able to anticipate and prioritize the needs of the various steps associated with the procedure.
Qualification & Experience:
- Completion of an equivalent on-the-job training program with 7 years recent surgical tech experience.
- U. S. Military Medical Core Training; or
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Surgical Technology training program; or
Company: Orlando Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Naples, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A