Website Orlando Health
The Paramedic provides and documents individualized patient care to include: patient and personal safety, patient assessments in collaboration with the ED RN, patient re-assessments, maintaining airway patency, IV access and hang normal saline without additives, ECG interpretations, dysrhythmias recognition, and assists with the application of skeletal traction/splints/immobilizers and other orthopedic equipment.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
- Able to maintain compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
- The Florida paramedic practice model includes invasive and pharmacologic interventions intended to reduce morbidity and mortality in the pre-hospital environment.
- Able to maintain reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Communicates appropriate information regarding the patient’s condition to the Nursing Operations manager or their designee
- It is expected that in the hospital setting where medical care and resources are readily available, the practice model will be modified.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Orlando Health is a licensed EMS provider and all care delivered in the emergency department is under the supervision of a physician (protocols/standing orders).
- Delivers patient care requiring advanced skills and judgment in the Emergency Department setting as directed by the Nursing Operations manager or their designee to include protocol orders or guidelines within approved current Emergency Department Paramedic competency.
- The competency will not exceed the scope of practice for a paramedic in the State of Florida.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must obtain and maintain PALS certification within one year of hire.
- Maintains current BLS/Healthcare provider certification for healthcare providers; and
- Minimum of one (1) year clinical experience as a paramedic or has had a minimum of 1 year experience as an Advanced Clinical Technician or Emergency
- Medical Technician in a tertiary and/or acute care facility.
- Current certification as a Paramedic (PMD) in the State of Florida renewed every 2 years; and
- Maintains current ACLS certification; and
Company: Orlando Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sarasota, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A