Website Orlando Health
The Experienced HIM Analyst is responsible for functions in the Health Information Management Department.
- Reanalyzes loose sheets imaged separately from the discharged medical record.
- Communicates cooperatively and constructively with physicians, patients, guests, and members of the healthcare team to ensure accurate and timely completion of processes and continuity of services.
- Performs record access functions proficiently.
- Initiates and performs technical procedure to analyze, or reanalyze, and monitor for medical record deficiencies according to Joint Commission and Medical Staff Rules and Regulations for regulatory requirements.
- Gathers statistical data regarding individual physicians’ record documentation and completion procedures for reporting to the Medical Records Committee, as needed.
- Assists medical staff members with record completion issues ensuring compliance with Orlando Health Rules and Regulations, Joint Commission and Federal standards.
- Able to maintain reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Complies with all Orlando Health policies and procedures, service expectations and standards of behavior.
- Able to maintain compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Qualification & Experience:
- Medical terminology required for the Cancer Database, anatomy and physiology is beneficial.
- Computer literacy and keyboarding skills required.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Three (3) months experience in the Health Information Management field or other healthcare setting required or active enrollment in an approved HIM or HIT program.
- Successfully passes a Windows proficiency test, scoring 80% or higher prior to an interview.
- Must type a minimum of 30 wpm or 35 wpm for Birth Registry.
Company: Orlando Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St. Petersburg, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A