Website Orlando Health
The Graduate Registered Nurse (ASN) administers bedside patient care in a hospital setting under the supervision of a preceptor and/or charge nurse.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on assigned unit/department.
- Prioritizes patient care in an ongoing manner in accordance with Evidence-Based Practice Standards of Care.
- Demonstrates awareness of Process Improvement activities on the unit, legal issues, and patients’ rights.
- Demonstrates competency in nursing skills and use of patient care/unit equipment as defined by unit specific requisite skills.
- Communicates appropriate information regarding patient condition or unit concerns to other health care team members.
- Maintains a safe and caring environment for both patients and family.
- Integrates patient and family education throughout the delivery of care.
- Coordinates the care and delegates as appropriate to other team members on a defined group of patients.
- Practices effective problem identification and resolution.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, assesses the data reflective of the patient’s status, and interprets the necessary information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to age-specific needs.
- Assesses patients’ needs when developing an individualized plan of care for each patient.
- Documents patient care in a knowledgeable, skillful, and consistent manner meeting all required and regulatory standards. This includes but is not limited to: patient assessment, education, medication administration, treatments, and patient safety.
Qualification & Experience:
- ACLS certification for adult critical care areas. PALS required for Pediatric Critical Care areas.
- NRP required for Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). (See unit specific requirements for specialty certification)
- Current licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Florida or Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC).
- BLS/Healthcare Provider certification
- Associate of Science Degree in Nursing
Company: Orlando Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A