Website Holland and Barrett
We are transitioning from an Oracle based organization and need your help to convert the current data bases into AWS and Azure based SQL instances. We are therefore looking for an experienced “hands on” SQL/Oracle DBA who will be responsible for managing databases, creating data processing products, ensuring their stability, reliability, and performance.
A collaborative, communicative approach to working with colleagues from both the development team and operational teams is essential. The role will work within the Infrastructure & Operations department, providing technical MS SQL / Oracle expertise to support the aims and objectives of the IT department.
- Manager DR, develop and manage back-ups, construct recovery plans.
- Collaborate with other team members and support other Developers
- Responsible for the development and improvement of our reporting capabilities
- Prepare documentation
- Profile server resource usage, and optimize as necessary
- Monitor the performance and manage parameters on a daily basis
- Create and maintain databases and objects such like tables, stored procs, views, triggers
- Write and optimize in-application using SQL statements
- Ensure performance, security and integrity of the databases
- Establish the needs of users and monitor the user-access model.
- Work well with ever-changing processes to meet our client’s needs and requests
- Handle common database procedures such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration
Qualification & Experience:
- Performing proactive monitoring of the SQL Server estate, ensuring system availability and performance, including health checks and reviews
- ETL – SSIS (Data Factory preferable)
- Data Migrations and Data Replication
- OS and Hypervisor installation and configuration (Windows, Oracle Linux & OVM).
- System monitoring and management using OEM.
- Oracle Performance monitoring and tuning.
- SSRS & Power BI
- A working knowledge of Oracle would be highlight advantageous as well as cloud (Azure & AWS)
- The role will involve a diverse split between BAU & projects work, which will include working with both on-premise and Cloud based systems (mixture of vendor / internally developed)
- SQL Server HA / DR
- Support the business via a support call system, resolving logged support calls within agreed SLAs
- Database and OS Patching and Upgrades.
- Oracle Database installation and configuration (Oracle Partitioning).
- Data warehousing – SSAS (Analysis Services in Azure preferable)
- Experience in all aspects of database maintenance and management with versions of MS SQL Server up to 2016 and beyond, including:
- Excellent performance tuning and troubleshooting skills
- Administering, managing & maintaining very large databases
Company: Holland and Barrett
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A