The Design Release Engineer’s responsibilities include but are not are limited to specifying, designing, developing and releasing electric motors for Electric Vehicle (EV), Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV), and Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) applications. The Design Release Engineer will guide the engineering development of electric motors from Design Concept into Product Launch, including Electromagnetic Design, Mechanical Design, and Thermal Analysis.
The selected Candidate will: coordinate the release of designs, obtain design approvals, ensure designs are manufacturable, component readiness, track piece cost, investment & mass, support future design direction, lead and facilitate resolution of component issues, lead design changes through change management process, and support supplier quality assurance & warranty resolution.
The Design Release Engineer will work with FCA suppliers (through Development Phases (Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Product intent)) and with FCA cross-functional teams (Chief Engineers, architecture, purchasing, platform managers, program managers, and quality engineers) to ensure the successful launch and release of the product.
Qualification & Experience:
- Knowledgeable in regard to GD&T
- Knowledge Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Understanding of manufacturing and quality processes of electric motors
- Experienced in validating and manufacturing of Electric Motors for Automotive applications
- Experience with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA)
- Self-starter with strong leadership, communication skills, and demonstrated problem solving ability
- Engineering experience in the field of electric motors (research graduate work may count towards experience)
- Hands on experience in testing of Electric Motors
- Experience with Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R)
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechatronics or a closely related engineering degree from an ABET accredited university
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Marquette, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A