Website Emirates National Oil Company
- Manage the allocation of budgets and highlight any deviations in a timely manner.
- Provide inputs into the GIT annual budget from an application development perspective.
- Reviews and approves the functional and technical specifications.
- Acts as point of technical support and onsite support to ensure all issues related to all enterprise solutions are addressed appropriately.
- Assisting in development and updates of policies and standards and ensure implementation of policies and standards.
- Ensures adherence to development, PMO and IT service management standards.
- Manages the application development lifecycle in line with the enterprise architecture standards of GIT.
- Identifying and overseeing the business case development and project management of new application development projects, including working with the management to identify common application needs and technology platforms.
- Provides inputs in setting IT standards and guidelines.
- Identify talent for pivotal roles from a succession management standpoint to ensure business continuity.
- Proactively identify evolving technology driven improvement opportunities and implementing relevant application development methodologies and tools.
- Review and approve all application designs and updates to ensure that they are following standards and policies.
- Reviews and approves the proposed integrations.
- Lead the process of developing application enhancements and manage all releases to ensure that applications are operating in the most effective manner.
- Manages the integration across the application landscape.
- Plan and Supervise periodic reviews and testing of the applications to ensure software and system functionalities are in line with design parameters and business needs, and adherent to best practices and latest industry developments.
- Formulate workforce planning reports and talent acquisition plan and budgets for application development to ensure adequate staffing for optimal operational smoothness.
- Monitor monthly and quarterly performance results, identify performance gaps and ramifications and lead the development of corrective actions that tackle the root causes.
- Oversee periodic research to identify innovative and emerging solutions and technologies to improve service performance and reliability.
- Ensuring the optimal balance between the development of new systems and leveraging existing systems.
- Assessing technology capacity to meet the future needs of the organization and recommending new applications and new configurations.
- Manages the introduction of new smart services across ENOC.
Qualification & Experience:
- Preferred professional certifications: Enterprise IT (e.g. TOGAF, SOA, PMP, COBIT, ITIL…), industry certification in enterprise applications (e.g. MCSD, RHCEAD, Oracle, SAP, Java…).
- Excellent knowledge in portfolio management practice.
- Excellent knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture.
- Bachelor’s Degree in information technology, computer science, computer engineering from a recognized university.
- Master’s Degree is preferable.
- 5+ years of relevant working experience.
- Working experience of system development lifecycle methods and standards with hands on experience in various methods: (e.g. waterfall, iterative, agile, V Model…).
- Excellent knowledge in project management methodology.
- Working experience in development and support of enterprise integration platform(s).
- Excellent knowledge in software quality control and assurance practices and tools.
- Working experience in multiple industries (e.g. Oil & Gas, Energy, Utilities, Retail, Government…) is preferable.
- Excellent knowledge in new technology trends investigation, study, proposal and implementation (e.g. IoT, Blockchain, Big Data, AI…).
- Excellent knowledge in user experience concepts and implementations.
- 13+ years of Information Technology experience.
Company: Emirates National Oil Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A