Website Eli Lilly
Reliability Engineer is accountable for the equipment reliability and maintenance strategy of the equipment. This is achieved by the continuous monitoring of equipment operational performance and identifying/implementing action needed for improvement. These improvement actions will be a combination of installation set-up, utilization, and maintenance servicing including spare parts, JP/PM, work standardization, etc. Deep understanding of the manufacturing equipment, its processes, and the impact of the processes on the instrumentation/equipment are key to the success of this position. The incumbent will establish many key working relationships to coordinate critical Facilities activities with Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Utility Room, Engineering, and Manufacturing Supervision.
- These opportunities will be a combination of, but not limited to, equipment installation, equipment set-up instructions, operation/utilization of the equipment, maintenance procedures, maintenance servicing issues, spare parts, reducing MTTR, etc.
- Develop, implement, and maintain equipment maintenance strategies to optimize its safe operation, compliance (HSE & GMP), cost, and efficiency/effectiveness of assets.
- Mentor Maintenance Personnel, Front-Line Process Engineering, and Manufacturing Personnel.
- Perform Continuous Improvement of maintenance instructions (JP’s) for accuracy, efficiency, and in support of compliance with applicable regulations.
- Develop, track and maintain reliability metrics such as, but not limited to, MTBF, MTTR, downtime, costs, emergency work orders, obsolete parts, Events, etc.
- Accountable to effectively apply PdM technologies and non-destructing testing across the Branchburg site as an objective to minimize unscheduled/scheduled maintenance downtime.
- SAFETY: Ensures overall job environmental, health and safety aspects and understands the risks and liabilities associated with various FUME activities.
- Collaborate with Process Engineering for design, selection, construction/installation to improve reliability and maintainability of new or modified equipment.
- Effectively communicate with key customers and support group regarding equipment reliability, maintenance activities, and improvement efforts.
- Provide field support to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve equipment issues.
- Assess/identify opportunities to improve the equipment reliability, recommend solutions, and manage implementation.
- Perform Continuous Improvement of our assets spare parts list (ASL’s) for accuracy.
- Collaborate with Process Engineering in the equipment classification process, defining Maximo Location hierarchy, populating asset information, developing Return-to-
- Service instructions, and acquisition of equipment manuals.
- Example of these technologies and testing are: Vibration Analysis, Ultrasound Scanning, Infrared Scanning, Oil Analysis, Eddy Current, Liquid Penetrating testing, Dynamic/Static Motor Current testing, etc.
- Support may be required outside of normal working hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Provide engineering support for change controls, Event investigations, etc.
- Perform Root-Cause Analysis (RCA) and remediation plan as a result of, but not limited to, Events, abnormal condition during PM, late maintenance activities, costs.
- Takes actions, including initiating Facilities and Engineering projects to address or prevent unsafe conditions for self and all BB50 Facilities personnel.
- Technical expert and site mentor in the proper use of the CMMS system for developing the maintenance strategies, maintenance execution, and for documenting equipment history.
Qualification & Experience:
- Technical compliance documentation (Deviations, Change management, out of tolerance, etc.) within a biotech, pharmaceutical, or healthcare facility.
- Engineering role within a biotech, pharmaceutical or healthcare facility.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the following:
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Engineering or equivalent role within a biotech, pharmaceutical or healthcare facility.
- Engineering experience with ability to apply engineering principles to equipment reliability.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both written and verbally.
- Experience with instrument calibrations, preventive maintenance, corrective work orders for process and utility equipment, as well as general facilities maintenance.
- Teamwork, Interpersonal/People Skills, Technical Knowledge/Writing, Data Gathering and Analysis, Troubleshooting, FMEA, RCFA, RCM, and clear understanding of all cGMP policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- BS in Engineering is required
Company: Eli Lilly
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A