Website Costco Wholesale Corporation
The ideal candidate will have significant experience testing large scale, multi-system integrated applications, ideally in the e-commerce industry or Order Management Systems. Their experience will demonstrate that they have a solid understanding of and follow Quality Assurance best practices, yet know when flexibility within those guidelines is acceptable. Candidate must have a clear understanding of the multiple software development methodologies and will have worked in several. They will have solid technical skills which will be used to not only find, but troubleshoot and research problems and issues when they arise. They will understand the benefits of test automation and will have been a part of a team that has successfully used it in the past.
They will have strong communication skills demonstrating their ability to collaborate with not only other QA people but with developers, project managers and various levels of management. They will be effective in the use of their time, demonstrate a strong sense of project urgency along with an ability to work under pressure while still delivering on schedule. Their experience will show that they can effectively work on multiple projects at one time – prioritizing their daily work to meet the needs of the projects.
- Works with Business customers in understanding and clarifying requirements and stories.
- Is available 24/7 and provides 3rd-level application support as necessary.
- Creates and/or oversees the creation and approval of project test cases and QA-related documentation.
- May oversee and coordinate onshore and offshore testing activities.
- Incorporates test automation as part of their work process.
- Creates and gains project approval on project test plans.
- Provides accurate and justifiable estimates for QA resources and testing schedules.
- Effectively executes tests and records results working with others to identify and resolve defects.
- Collaborates with onshore and offshore team members on all project related testing.
- Helps to mentor and develops skills in others.
Qualification & Experience:
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Minimum 4 years of functional and back-end testing of e-commerce websites and backend applications, including order management systems.
- Excellent test resource planning and test scheduling skills.
- Minimum 4 years of hands-on experience using industry standard software QA tools.
- Experience with Oracle, MS SQL Server or DB2 and ability to write basic SQL queries.
- Ability to produce effective software test plans and test cases.
- Strong knowledge of SDLC and SQA methodology as well as experience testing on an Agile team.
- Proven ability to provide project testing estimates.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude & excellent collaboration skills.
- High level understanding of design/development methodologies and project management concepts.
- Solid understanding of build tools and software configuration management standards.
- Ability to work effectively and produce consistent results with minimum supervision.
- Minimum 7 years of software quality assurance experience.
- Strong communication and leadership skills with ability to communicate with all levels of the organization from senior management down to staff level.
Company: Costco Wholesale Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Santa Ana, California, United States
Application Deadline: N/A