Website Costco Wholesale Corporation
The BPM System Engineer is responsible for the Design, Installation, Updates, Patching and Configuration of IBM Business Process Management Systems (BPMS) provisioned both in the cloud and on premise. This is a technical leadership position within the BPMS team and strong leadership skills are required. This is NOT a Developer position.
- Seeks opportunities to learn, automates, documents, shares, educates, and improves processes where appropriate.
- Understands and adheres to Costco’s Mission Statement, Code of Ethics, project methodology and framework.
- Delivers project based work to agreed target dates and works with appropriate teams to resolve roadblocks.
- Collaborates with other engineers to develop and tune BPMS standards.
- Provides technical guidance and leadership to team members.
- Supports, analyzes, and makes performance or capacity recommendations as necessary.
- Develops and documents existing or new procedures as well as creating and maintaining project documentation.
- Researches new and developing technology and their applicability to the environment.
- Works with vendors, business, AppDev teams, and other technical teams to meet the needs of the project.
- Monitors load tests, performs deploys, reviews logs, and various other tasks related to maintaining the BPMS portfolio.
- Installs, configures and monitors of all BPMS environments.
- Leads large, complex projects to achieve key business objectives.
- Performs logical and physical design.
- Follows corporate security standards and best practices, including the ongoing promotion of awareness on current threats.
- Participates in rotating on-call support 24×7 and be available to work weekends and/or holidays, as necessary.
- Analyzes all aspects of the existing infrastructure and recommends modifications that will enhance system reliability, availability, serviceability and scalability.
- Serves as the escalation point for all issues not resolved by the other support staff.
- Teaches Junior Admins BPM skills and best practices.
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced networking/Cloud knowledge.
- Team player – friendly, communicative, open, cooperative, honest, thoughtful and committed.
- Willing to learn and support third party applications.
- Experience with enterprise level monitoring tools.
- Minimum of 4 years’ supporting IBM BPMS.
- Minimum of 7 years’ supporting production application server environments, preferably IBM WebSphere but will accept WebLogic, JBoss, Tomcat, Oracle AppServer, or iPlanet experience.
- Excellent Leadership abilities, able to persuade and get consensus on ideas.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with UNIX/Linux operating system utilities.
- Azure Cloud Experience.
- Performance testing and tuning.
Company: Costco Wholesale Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Riverside, California, United States
Application Deadline: N/A