The current opening is for a Vice President level candidate to join the Risk Frameworks area. The objective of the role is to support the design, implementation and monitoring of control enhancements associated with the team’s processes (e.g., the risk identification program, risk appetite framework and risk governance framework, risk disclosures and associated Board-level reporting and digitization efforts). These enhancements contribute to the success of the broader team’s mandate to deliver best-in-class risk governance programs and processes.
The Strategy Lead Analyst is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- This may include short-term projects or longer-term cross-training opportunities, as needed.
- There is opportunity to move across areas within the team over time to obtain a rich understanding across multiple risk disciplines.
- Design, socialize and implement control enhancements to ensure process robustness, reliability and compliance with all applicable policies and procedures. This includes ensuring comprehensive process is documentation is in place and up to date for all processes.
- When required, contribute to projects or regular deliverables on the other areas in the team (e.g., Risk Identification, Risk Disclosures & Projects, and Enhancements).
- Work with team leads to identify enhancements for the control environment related to the firm’s global processes.
- Contribute to, and when required, participate in projects related to the digitization of aspects of risk appetite by specifying user requirements and performing user acceptance testing for process enhancements and reporting needs.
- Contribute to enhancements to risk frameworks, which include refining key risk metrics and the linkage to various limit structures, building on existing dashboard reporting for senior management and Board-level reporting, and extending the linkages between risk appetite and the firm’s strategic planning and risk identification processes.
- There is also opportunity over time to move to other teams within Risk Governance.
- Work with team members to contribute to regular updates of the firm’s risk frameworks and quarterly risk appetite Board-level reporting, which will include working with senior management in business, risk, and functions to ensure content is updated and reviewed and challenged.
- Support regulatory and audit reviews at various levels, including preparation of executive presentation materials for internal and external stakeholders.
Qualification & Experience:
- Working knowledge of the full taxonomy of risks (e.g., credit, market, liquidity, strategic, operational, compliance, and reputational).
- 7+ years of experience in the Financial Services industry, preferably in risk management or corporate strategy.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; pro-actively informs manager of progress against tasks.
- Understanding of Citi’s businesses and products and their risk / return profiles across multiple geographies, or prior experience evaluating similar businesses, products, and geographies.
- Proven ability to think critically and desire to innovate, drive change, and challenge the status quo.
- Strong written communication skills and expertise in Board-level presentations and reporting dashboards.
- Strong verbal communication skills and ability to translate complex material to a variety of internal audiences.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A