The Workforce Staffing (WFS) team is looking for a non-exempt Staffing Administrator. Staffing Administrators will help coordinate and execute activities to support the High Volume Hiring (HVH) and staffing efforts for the WFS team for a defined geography (node). These efforts include but are not limited to New Hire Events (NHE), New Hire Orientation (NHO), and Community Engagement. This role is essential to creating a positive candidate and associate experience, and will often serve as the “face” of Amazon for our candidates. A successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal means, is able to follow instructions and applies the best response to multiple-choice situations, and has strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task. Staffing Administrators will quickly pivot between tasks with short notice to provide the best possible customer service, will escalate when actions needed do not have clearly defined resolution steps, and suggests improvements where opportunities exist in the process. You will work with a team of Staffing Coordinators and Administrators who thrive in an innovative and fast-paced environment. Our WFS node teams work flexible schedules, shifts, and areas to include evenings and weekends. We roll up our sleeves, work hard, have fun and make history!
- Contacts candidates with cleared contingencies in order to eliminate risk of not meeting labor orders
- Attends offsite events such as community fairs, hiring events, and job fairs
- Ensures all documents are scanned into the digital file management system
- Ensures 100% compliance for work authorization documentation for associates
- Resolves candidate escalation issues by contacting them to identify issues, offering to reschedule them, or assisting candidates who are having virtual NHO technology issues, or assistance with any other concerns
- Maintains confidentially on candidate sensitive topics.
- Staffing Administrators are required to work a flexible schedule. This means a varying shifts to include evenings and weekends in multiple sites. Overtime may also be required to support the needs of the business
- Meets critical deadlines for initiating background screening and completing drug test process to achieve labor orders
- Sets up, executes, and breaks down New Hiring Events (NHE) and New Hire Orientations (NHO) based on labor projections to meet the labor order demands and fill on-time.
- Completes post-even audit of event and communicates event metrics to staffing leadership
- Guides applicants through the hiring process in accordance with Amazon’s policies and procedures
- Consults with applicants on the best match for their desired position and available opportunities in Node
- Initiates Candidate onboarding and matching them to the proper requisition
- Effectively executes NHE activities including Greeter, Welcome Event Presenter, Candidate Care Specialist, Computer Assistance, Badge Photo, and/or Drug Test Administrator
- Utilizes Applicant Tracking System to move candidates through the application process and updates appointment arrival status for NHE and NHO
- Must be able to travel as needed to conduct events in various locations within your designated Node or assigned geographical area. Local travel up to 75% required
Qualification & Experience:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Excel, Word Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience in a fast paced, customer oriented environment, such as operations, administrative support, customer service, retail, hospitality, staffing, recruiting, human resources or other related field
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: El Paso, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A