Website KPMG UK
Manage and deliver audit engagements from planning through to completion. The role will require proficiency in IFRS and UK GAAP. You will have your own portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team, including other specialists, monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process.
- Assist the Partner or Director in monitoring the effectiveness of Audit services delivered, providing feedback and reflection on the quality of service accordingly.
- Contribute towards the creation, implementation and delivery of the Audit Business Plan and offer support in relation to issues identified as a result of organisational or client focus change.
- Oversee and direct the budgeting, planning, co-ordination and control of engagements in accordance with client, statutory, KPMG and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximized recover-ability.
- Preparation of reports to senior management and Audit Committees.
- To manage engagements, overseeing in-charge and audit assistants work ensuring compliance with client, statutory and KPMG requirements, appreciating relevant internal and external market factors, ensuring the effective and timely delivery of engagements.
- Direct, coach and mentor between 4 and 8 audit staff in a performance manager role taking responsibility for overseeing their portfolio, business and personal issues and delivering feedback throughout the year.
- Nurture and seek worthwhile relationships with clients, business departments and staff, for the sharing of information and to identify and progress current and future Audit requirements.
Qualification & Experience:
- Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment whilst working as a team with support from Directors, Managers (where applicable) and in-charges.
- Leadership skills and ability to act as a role model.
- Proven research skills e.g. information seeking and knowledge sharing, understanding and interpreting information/applying knowledge.
- Knowledge and experience of auditing and experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing – you will be able to deepen your understanding of consolidations, group audit and review of statutory accounts and disclosures.
- Well-developed supervisory skills e.g. coaching and motivation.
- Recent and significant experience as a Senior Manager (or experienced Manager) in an audit capacity within a top 10 accountancy firm.
- Sound working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP.
- IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word/PowerPoint.
- Current experience of accounting and financial reporting standards including IFRS and UK standards.
- Project management techniques; this role will test and develop your expertise in decision-making, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
- Well-developed understanding of the wider commercial background KPMG operates in demonstrating awareness of the issues facing our clients on a day to day basis.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, both verbal and written.
- Significant audit experience for large, mixed sector corporate clients.
- Time and exam Qualified Accountant – ACA, ACCA or country equivalent.
Company: KPMG UK
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A