Website KPMG UK
We have learnt during the recent global situation that remote working can, and has, worked for our large Engineering team. Whilst we have three core offices (London, Manchester and Leeds) we are open to remote working across the UK with a view to being onsite at least one day per week.
- Manage and mentor your own team of engineers.
- GTD – Get things done. Use the DevOps culture to bring capabilities together and ship projects.
- Manage relationships with clients to become a trusted delivery partner.
- Run sprints and help prioritise your team’s workload. Jump between helping your team solve problems, to diving into your editor of choice to fix a bug or extend a library.
- Build and Run cloud infrastructure and software services primarily in the three public cloud environments (AWS, Azure and GCP).
- Support your wider Infrastructure community by assisting other teams, sharing knowledge, debugging problems, contributing code to central projects, and any other things you can think of.
- Develop tools and services useful in DevOps environments such as performance monitoring, security monitoring, deployment/configuration, continuous integration/build servers and cloud resource creation scripts.
- Automate like your life depends on it. Keep out of the portal, and where possible build infrastructure with Terraform or other IaC tools.
- Enjoy yourself. Maintain and cultivate the culture of your team.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Proven experience in software development or scripting languages such as Python/Go/PowerShell/Nodejs/C# or equivalent.
- Curiosity – Bring fresh ideas to the team and wider firm be it new software or containerisation of existing infrastructure and projects.
- Be a technological cloud advocate to a wider audience inside and outside of the business.
- Proven experience working in an agile environment.
- Proven experience managing a team of engineers and being responsible for delivering projects.
- Product focussed, build once and reuse.
- Proven experience with Linux/Unix/Microsoft configuration.
- Build it run it, take ownership of your code and infrastructure.
- Ability to switch between talking technical to other DevOps engineers, to explaining the business benefits of containers to non-technical business partners.
- Solid CI/CD pipelining skills using Octopus/TeamCity/Jenkins/Azure DevOps or equivalent.
- Hands on experience with public cloud providers such as AWS, Azure and/or GCP.
- You like nothing more than to watch colleagues flourish under your guidance.
- Automates everything.
Company: KPMG UK
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leeds, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A