Website KPMG UK
Work as a key member of our growing Financial Services Accounting Advisory Services (FSAS) team based in Birmingham. The team provides specialist accounting advice to clients across a range of areas. Engagements focus on the application of technical accounting – in particular providing financial instrument accounting advice (including hedge accounting), accounting policy conversions and GAAP analysis, implementation support for new standards, group restructurings, and training – often working as part of cross-functional teams including FSAS London, FSAS Regulatory, Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Risk Management, Audit, Tax and Forensics.
We are seeking additional qualified accountants to work at Manager level to continue to extend the depth and breadth of financial services accounting based services in our Birmingham office, in the areas listed above and beyond.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with both clients and KPMG individuals.
- Managing the delivery of live accounting advisory client engagements and leading technical accounting work streams of larger multi-disciplinary engagements.
- Respond to clients’ and audit teams’ ad-hoc accounting queries related to financial instruments.
- Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities.
- Development and delivery of accounting training to clients and internal KPMG teams.
- Providing subject matter expertise on technical accounting as well as practical implications relating to new accounting standards (e.g. IFRS 9, IFRS 15, IFRS 16).
- Managing and mentoring engagement team members.
- Reviewing technical accounting and risk interpretations related to new accounting standards prepared by clients (e.g. IFRS 9, IFRS 15, IFRS 16), provide challenge and recommendations.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must have experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses.
- Must have previous financial sector experience – for example, working with building societies, other mutuals, intermediaries or banks.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong experience with recent developments in accounting, in particular IFRSs 9, 15 and 16.
- Must have experience of managing teams and project management.
- Must be able demonstrate strong technical accounting experience with IFRS, especially related to financial instruments (IAS 32, IAS 39 (including hedge accounting), IFRS 7 and IFRS 9).
- Qualified accountant (ACA or international equivalent qualification).
Company: KPMG UK
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A