Website KPMG UK
In the UK, KPMG audits more listed companies than any other professional services firm. Our success and reputation rests upon the quality and integrity of our services – not to mention our people. Rest assured; you will be working as a highly valued member of our 3,000 strong UK Audit practice.
We are looking for qualified accountants, currently working at Senior Manager level, to join the audit practice in our Birmingham office.
Our client base is from a wide range of business sectors, ranging in size from owner-managed businesses to multi-national organisations. As an audit senior manager you will get to work with a wide range of clients within a cross functional office. Many of our clients are international and have subsidiaries all over the world, giving our work a truly global perspective.
- Nurture and seek worthwhile relationships with clients, business departments and staff, for the sharing of information and to identify and progress current and future Audit requirements.
- Assist the Director and Partner in monitoring the effectiveness of Audit services delivered, providing feedback and reflection on the quality of service accordingly.
- Preparation of reports to senior management and audit committees.
- Contributes towards the creation, implementation and delivery of the Audit Business Plan and offer support in relation to issues identified as a result of organisational or client focus change.
- Oversee and direct the budgeting, planning, co-ordination and control of engagements in accordance with client, statutory, KAM and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximised recoverability.
- To manage engagements, overseeing in-charge and Manager work ensuring compliance with client, statutory and KAM requirements, appreciating relevant internal and external market factors, ensuring the effective and timely delivery of engagements.
- Direct, coach and mentor Assistant Managers and Managers to assist them in the effective delivery of engagements and the direction of their subordinates ensuring cost effective, timely completion and effective service delivery to the required standard on each engagement.
Qualification & Experience:
- Professionally qualified with a recognised accountancy body, ACA, ACCA or CPA or country equivalent.
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
- Able to demonstrate strong business development acumen.
- Currently working at Senior Manager level and able to demonstrate leadership skills and ability to act as a role model.
- Demonstrate experience of current accounting and financial reporting standards including IFRS.
- Well-developed supervisory skills e.g. coaching and motivation.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, both verbal and written.IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word.
- Significant experience as Senior Manager gained in an external audit capacity in a Big 4 Accounting firm.
- Currently in a Big 4 Accounting firm.
- Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment.
- Knowledge and experience of external auditing and experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing, including consolidations, group audit, review of statutory accounts and disclosures.
- Proven research skills e.g. information seeking and knowledge sharing, understanding and interpreting information/applying knowledge.
- Sound working knowledge of IFRS, UK GAAP. US GAAP would be beneficial but not essential.
Company: KPMG UK
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A