Website KPMG UK
The Valuation Group is seeking an experienced valuations specialist to support the Group at Associate level, based in London. The team is advising on complex and global valuation assessments in the context of transactions, accounting requirements and valuations for reporting purposes to the fund investors.
- Providing guidance and mentoring for junior team members.
- Using own initiative and sound judgement to identify key issues and client needs, developing suggested valuation methodologies and approach, elevating and consulting with other team members as required.
- Brief, manage, prioritize and review the work of one or more junior colleagues including KGS.
- Producing written reports tailored to client’s specific needs and requirements on the project.
- Day-to-day contact with the client including attending client meetings and drafting client communications.
- Takes responsibility for one or more team initiatives.
- Take responsibility for ensuring project planning, monitoring and administration is in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Actively supports the team in relationship management initiatives for business development initiatives.
- Construction and maintenance of valuation models.
- Clearly presents key issues from analysis to the clients as well as presenting at internal department meetings.
- Designs, performs and interprets advanced financial analysis with minimal guidance.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience of working on buyside and sell side deals in the insurance sector.
- A minimum of 6 years experience working in the FS sector specifically within insurance.
- ACA or equivalent qualification.
- Strong quantitative and Excel skills.
- Proven record of getting quickly up to speed and gain in-depth understanding of the business operations, the industry and the economy in question.
- Strongly rated self-starter who demonstrates initiative, confidence and solid influencing skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience of the range of valuation methodologies including purchase price allocations, discount cash flow, income and cost approach.
- Excellent attention to detail with an ability to deliver high quality presentations and analysis.
- Strong project management skills and demonstrable ability to deliver high quality work
Company: KPMG UK
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A