Website KPMG UK
We are seeking additional Assistant Managers to continue to support the length and breadth of actuarial based services, in the areas listed above and beyond.
- Ability to perform basic actuarial calculations such as loss ratios and IBNR.
- Ability to use existing knowledge of reporting and apply to the UK reporting methodologies, e.g. UK GAAP, IFRS, FCA Returns.
- Managing projects.
- Ability to review reporting outputs.
- Supporting senior management efforts to cultivate and maintain target client relationships, including assisting with proposals and the development of sales materials.
- Drafting reports and presentations.
- Assisting in the delivery of client engagements, working as part of a project team on client sites.
- Providing technical input to a number of projects.
- Assist in completing due diligence in advance of transactions.
- As well as project delivery responsibilities, the role involves supporting other aspects of the team’s work including sales and marketing, research and development of new services, and knowledge management.
- Working with other KPMG teams and providing technical input.
- Maintain a strong record of progress in the actuarial examinations.
- The successful candidate may be required to manage small teams.
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong Excel skills.
- A broad knowledge of non-life insurance products.
- Experience of working in a financial services firm.
- Experience of working in an emerging market.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and an ability to explain actuarial concepts to non-actuaries.
- Knowledge of Solvency II pillars, particularly the quantitative requirements Lloyd’s market experience.
- Flexible and enjoy working on a wide range of projects.
- Significant experience of working in a non-life consultancy along with Audit, Validation and stress testing experience would be helpful.
- Experience of preparing benchmarks.
- Knowledge of UK reporting methodologies, e.g. UK GAAP, IFRS, PRA Returns.
- Experience in reserving a key requirement as well as experience in pricing and capital.
- Nearly qualified Actuary, with significant practical actuarial experience.
- Proficient in SAS.
- Have a strong network base across UK and emerging markets.
- Knowledge of UK regulatory regime for non-life insurers.
Company: KPMG UK
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A