Website Etihad Airways
We currently have a gap in our Business Technology Programme team for an IT Programme Manager to own and drive a broader portfolio of projects across am mixture of stakeholders and drive business technology projects to enhance the internal and external customer experience. This person will need to work collaboratively with a variation of stakeholders and through a hybrid model to deliver target driven outcomes. Knowledge of operations technology from an airport/ aviation or airlines perspective would be beneficial but owning the overall delivery of large technology programmes is essential. There is a gap in our large portfolio capability therefore a reputable track record to support this challenge would be extremely beneficial.
- Develop and deliver technology enabled programme(s) or multiple mobile technology enabled projects in accordance with Etihad Aviation Group governance frameworks, tools, processes, policies, procedures and standards – ensuring all external supplier resources adhere to Etihad policies and procedures
- Identify and agree the programme requirements up to Chief level; to effectively and efficiently define, plan, resource and deliver technology enabled programmes to achieve desired outcomes maximising benefit realisation
- Establish, communicate and gain commitment to resourced programme and detailed project plans / schedules to deliver the programme scope, requirements, benefits and outcomes
- Build, lead, coach, motivate, effectively utilise and performance manage a hybrid of specialist teams to deliver the agreed technology programme benefits within scope, time, cost and quality criteria
- Execute the programme and project plans / schedules, transparently reporting progress against plan highlighting deviances from baseline with remediation plans where benefits and delivery dates are at risk, and managing all tasks, actions, and milestones to support delivery to the baseline plan
- Proactively manage supplier performance to produce timely deliverables based on quality criteria and contractual obligations, and escalate any supplier performance issues
- Ensure mandatory PPM tool data is complete, accurate and timely enabling transparent reporting
- Establish, manage and maintain effective relationships with internal (up to Chief level) and external stakeholders providing expert advice to achieve the programme benefits and business outcomes
- Effectively communicate programme progress, budget, risk, issues, assumptions and dependencies to all stakeholders playing a lead role in the swift and effective resolution of major risks and issues
- Effectively capture and manage programme risks, issues, assumptions, internal and external dependencies and those escalated from within the programme
- Effectively track, report and escalate programme actions and outcomes to support risk, issue, and dependency management
- Develop programme budgets and forecasts to deliver scope, requirements and benefits
- Manage and report programme and project Capex and Opex budgets using agreed processes and highlight deviances from baseline with remediation plans where required
- Manage the approval of invoices in alignment with EAG governance based on successful completion of deliverables to time, scope, budget and quality criteria
- Provide feedback / suggestions to continually improve the efficiency and quality of programme and project management frameworks, processes and tools
- Manage multiple teams of high calibre Software Engineers working to build a world class, scalable distributed systems and mobile applications.
- Recruit, hire, mentor, and coach project teams’ different levels of experience.
- Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments within an Agile/Scrum environment.
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree qualified in a Computer Science, Information Technology or Business discipline would be an advantage
- Demonstrable knowledge of Project Management principles in a corporate technology capacity
- Solid track record in delivering technology programmes for an enterprise organisation with tangible results driven metrics.
- Exposure to a hybrid delivery model utilising both internal and external capability.
- In depth knowledge of the project/ programme management market to provide key insights and influence the longer term strategy
- Demonstrable examples that show ability to influence through usage of data, commercial knowledge and development insights that add commercial value.
- Able to share examples that display Programme/ Project management capability, ideally certified in PMP, Prince 2 or able to display knowledge of those principles.
- Solid expertise and cases that show usage of a scaled agile framework
- Familiar with working in a lean framework (Lean Six Sigma) would be beneficial as part of longer term strategy.
- A solid track record in defining an end to end programme strategy in line with overall group goals to enhance the customer engagement and return of investment
Company: Etihad Airways
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A