Drive DevOps implementation and Tooling practices in Emirates Group IT and it’s subsidiaries, to deliver significant business, operational and cultural benefits, by creating a solid DevOps foundation and Platform Service layer for all users to consume. Contributes to and implements the strategic direction of digital enablement of the Group through the automation of software development and deployment lifecycle to deliver speed to market, efficiency and quality resulting in higher value to customers. Provides the tools, technologies and platforms to enable agile release trains to adopt Cloud, application modularisation, micro-services, to build in quality and world class engineering practices, bringing developers and operations practices closer together. Enables implementation and adoption of DevOps practices that ensures appropriate level of tooling for services by implementing and continually improving data-informed production feedback loops to balance availability, performance, and agility.
- Creates and drives the execution of the DevOps and Tooling adoption roadmap to rapidly migrate the existing system landscape utilizing CI/CD best practices with full zero touch automation.
- Establishes mission and purpose for core DevOps capability, site reliability and cloud engineers to implement CI/CD and release on demand practices.
- Plays an active role in being a servant leader that promotes bringing in the cultural mind shift and transformation in Emirates Group IT to build confidence to fail fast and fail often keeping the end consumer in mind.
- Provide a self-service portal for end users to consume services, including automated deployments, server provisioning, security and functional testing, complete CI/CD pipeline.
- Have a strategic and corporate view of new tooling required to provide cutting edge services to end users enabling improved time to market for service delivery.
- Focal point in ensuring emerging trends and technologies related to DevOps, and best practices are continuously brought into Emirates Group IT for continuous improvement, in addition to managing technology suppliers for DevOps tools and platform development, global centers of excellence and distributed scaled agile practices.
- Lead, coach, and mentor a team of DevOps and Tooling professionals, providing servant leadership and providing continuous feedback and facilitating professional development.
- Enable the migration of existing on-premise services to on-cloud services in collaboration with the hybrid cloud team to achieve cost efficiency, improved quality, a more productive engineering workforce and faster project delivery, by providing landing zones, right platforms and technologies.
- Provide tooling that enables Enterprise wide visibility of the health of CI/CD pipelines, automation of telemetry, dashboards and analytics to report on adoption of DevOps, the health trends and business outcomes such as deployment frequency and improvements to quality, at Agile release train and Solution domain level.
- Tailor platforms services for Team and agile release trains, through participation in Programme Increment Planning, System Demo and Solution Demos for DevOps, Cloud and SRE adoption runaways.
- Enable autonomous teams to deliver based on this high-level context.
- Tailor telemetry that contribute to enterprise level metrics.
- Build productive relationships with Architecture, Delivery, Product Management, Engineering, Quality Assurance and other stakeholders to enable collaboration at scale and effective resolution of any impediments encountered by the autonomous teams.
- Develop and grow the DevOps Product and Platform team by setting goals and objectives, conducting performance reviews, coach, mentor leadership, and build a high performing team and support/engages in hiring, retention, training, team engagement events and activities.
- Listen to and support teams for problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Provide freedom and safety so that team are able to innovate, experiment and even fail on occasions.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field. Master’s degree is preferable.
- 10+ years’ experience of designing, building and maintaining mission-critical and complex, scalable and software solutions.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant management/supervisory experience, managing teams of DevOps/software engineering professionals in a large solution domain.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A